Our experienced team will be happy to explain your options and which funds may be best for your family and your specific giving goals. But broadly speaking, you can choose:
- How to establish a legacy fund (see how to set up a fund)
- Which existing fund you would like to support (see Funds at the Burlington Foundation)
- How you would like to give (see Giving)
- When you would like to give
If you’d like to give to an existing fund that focuses on a specific area or cause, we can help you do that. If you’d like to establish your own legacy fund, you can have an ongoing involvement with your fund or you can direct your gift to one or more charities and we will manage the distribution of the funds for you.
Or if you’d like to give to a general fund where money is directed to meet the community’s most pressing needs as they arise, we can help you make a donation to the Community Fund.
Benefits of Giving through Burlington Foundation
- Participation, recognition and legacy, family tradition of giving.
- Granting expertise – we can help you decide how to grant to address important issues, and suggest granting opportunities that support your giving objectives.
- Professionally managed investment pool.
- Simplifies your giving.
- Annual reporting on fund activities.
For more information on individual and family giving, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re interested in learning more about giving with the Foundation, please contact Colleen Mulholland, 905 639 0744, firstname.lastname@example.org.