Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra – $10,000 (Larger Grant)
Music Literacy Program
The Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra (HPO) is committed to enriching and serving the cultural life of the region. They aspire to excellence in live music performances and community engagement through vibrant programming. This grant supports HPO’s Music Literacy Program that provides engaging orchestral performances and music education workshops for children and seniors in Burlington.
In partnership with the Burlington Public Library, the HPO’s Music Literacy Program will provide engaging orchestral performances and music education workshops for children and seniors in Burlington. The activities will include:
- Five one-hour presentations led by HPO’s Composer-in-Residence
- One free public performance by an HPO chamber ensemble
- Three storytelling workshops presented by HPO’s Composer-in-Residence
- Two discovery workshops with HPO chamber ensembles
- These are one-hour interactive performances by an ensemble of HPO musicians that introduce children to the instruments of the orchestra and their various sounds
HPO’s Music Literacy Program makes a difference in the community by adding to the vibrant and growing arts and culture offerings in Burlington, bringing the joy and stimulation of live orchestral music to its residents across the city. This program also enriches the community programs offered by the Burlington Public Library and assists them in meeting their strategic goals of providing dynamic and accessible programming to all residents in Burlington.