With Canadians poised to experience the largest single intergenerational transfer of wealth in generations, family giving is taking on new meaning for many people.
Grandparents may be thinking about how to leave a sustainable legacy for their grandchildren and their children. Baby Boomer parents may be considering ideas for how to build a culture of philanthropy that their grown children and young grandkids can contribute to. And, having recently established themselves in careers and first homes, Generations X and Y may be looking to the future for ways in which they can more actively support the community they live, work and play in.
A family foundation can help build a culture of philanthropy or focus charitable giving to one or more personally meaningful causes. Burlington Community Foundation offers six types of funds that can support a wealth of family giving options.
We are proud of our accomplishments, such as:
- Moving seniors out of chronic isolation by providing access to critical social programs.
- Leading support for local museums to preserve rare artifacts and oral histories, and helping enrich our performing arts sector.
- Cultivating our leaders of tomorrow by connecting promising students to higher education through our scholarship funds.
- Nurturing young children from low-income families to learn, get fit and build self-confidence by participating in a funded sports program.
- Improving water quality by bringing together multiple partners to collaborate on replenishing Grindstone Creek through the removal of 500 lbs of trash and planting native trees and shrubs.
Read more about our community impact and donor and fundholder success stories. We help families focus on giving.
To learn more about family giving options, please contact Sandra Baker, Director, Development & Community Engagement at email@example.com or 905 639 0744 x 223